Gender [was: Re: Cancel a repeat with a button]

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri May 15 12:25:26 EDT 2009

Judy Perry wrote:
> It's funny you should mention that.  As I work at the satellite rather
> than the main campus, may payckecks end up collecting dust at the main
> campus and thus, recently, I deposited three at a time.  And I forgot to
> endorse them.  I contacted the manager immediately who said, "don't
> worry; we'll just cash them anyway!"
>
> While relieved I wouldn't have to wait a week or three to get the money
> in my account, I thought it was a little scary that they don't check for
> an endorsement...

I think it's always been the case that anyone can put money into your
account without authorization. It's the taking out part that they check.
A bank told me that probably 20 years ago; deposits don't really need
any endorsement. They figure if someone is giving you free money, you
won't complain. The check-cashing services should do a better job of
checking IDs though, that's scary.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com