DataGrid question simple?

RevList RevList at CreaTECHSol.com
Thu May 7 12:44:33 EDT 2009

I have just started a project that is going to use data grids.
I am using a Table and not a Form
This should be a simple answer, but I am struggling.
I have a Data Grid table and I can load the data in just fine.
The table has three columns name as follows
"Field Name", "Field Type" and "Field ID"

The table group name is "Schema"

I have set the Allow Text Editing to off so that when I click on one of
the rows, it hilites, but does not allow editing.

What I want to do, is to display the data from the selected (hilited)
line's three columns in three separate text fields ("tFieldName",
"tFieldType" and "tFieldID")

I have read the documentation about getting data associated with a line so
I am assuming that the code might look like this

put the dgHilitedLines of group "Schema" into theLine
put the dgDataOfLine[theLine] of group "Schema" into theDataA

Now my question is this.
Where does this above code go and what is the handler?

Once I have the data into theDataA, then I can do Put DataA to see what it
looks like and then parse it so that it will go into my fields.

Sorry if this has been answered before, and I know that this is basic, but
it is not clear to me where this code goes.

Stewart

individual to whom they are addressed and it may contain information that
is privileged or confidential. If you have received this communication by
mistake, please notify us immediately.