App on Linux - really slow... any ideas why?

viktoras d. viktoras at ekoinf.net
Wed May 6 05:38:45 EDT 2009

PC Acer TravelMate 2300,  Celeron 1.5 GHz, upgraded to 2 Gb RAM. I
tested my app (AALite sqlite database browser) on a few distributions
and found that it is completely usable on  Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex
(Gnome), but starts and then crashes Puppy; starts, works but finally
crashes on Slax (KDE), both are Slackware based.  Did not notice any
large speed loss on Ubuntu or any other Linux distribution though... All
these tests were done with operating systems loaded completely into RAM
from liveCDs. I also removed all the options that I do not need at the
moment when compiling (no printing, no fonts, no table) Going to do more
testing on other Linux distros...

As far as I remember previously applications compiled with RR 2.6 used
to work on Puppy without any problems.

Viktoras