Layout control of a dg Form

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed May 6 08:24:41 EDT 2009

On May 5, 2009, at 5:14 PM, Yves COPPE wrote:

> I try to make a form with a datagrid
> the rowtemplate is 2 flds
> the array for each row gives 2 text, one for the text fld "Data1" of
> the row and one for the text fld "Data2"
> the formttedHeigth of each data is a variable
>
> and I cannot find a script for the layoutcontrol to make the lines
> of each row with an appropriate height so that each text on each row
> is fully visible
>
> how van I script a layout control ?

Yves,

Is the issue with determining how to resize the fields so they are as
tall as the content they have to display? If you just want to resize
the fields to fit the appropriate height then you can do something
like the following. Just make sure and turn off fixed control height
for the data grid.

on LayoutControl pControlRect
     -- set the width of fields if needed...

     -- Now resize to fit height
     put the rect of field 1 of me into theRect
     put item 2 of theRect + \
         the formattedHeight of field 1 of me - the bottomMargin of
field 1 of me \
         into item 4 of theRect
     set the rect of field 1 of me to theRect
end LayoutControl

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore