illegal creativity

Randall Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Sat Mar 21 13:49:12 EDT 2009

That is why they dont matter.  For to many years companies have taken such wild liberty in writing them and the reasonable man doesnt read them at all anyway.  User licenses are mute in the eyes of the court.  The binding is in purchace and use.  Even the above clauses would not stand up in court because programming is a medium.  Would you find said clauses in a contract for paper or a video camera?  What revolution is protected from is the copying and sale or distribution of copies of revolution.  Same goes for using revolution's good will and name for a similar product.  And neither of these protections require a user agreement. As far as i can tell, the whole mechanism is simply a way for lawyers to get hired and paid and look important.  But the blatent missuse of contract and copywrite law is having the opposite effect.  Clicking this message closed infers that you are in full agreement with all above statements.