Linux question

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 25 12:56:31 EDT 2009

I had a similar issue (not with Rev funnily enough however!) and think its
due to something about 64bit Debian derivatives and gtk.  These now seem to
have stopped, probably with the latest update, and the errors now are to do
with Pidgin and Thunderbird.  Not even installed.  I just send them to
dev/null every now and again, but its frustrating.

It may well be the distro, and something to do with gtk in it.  Did you try
on some other distro, like maybe Mandriva or Zenwalk?  You could try from a
live CD.  I bet it doesn't happen with them.  Wish I knew how to fix it, but
at least someone else has had a very similar problem, but without Rev being
involved.

Peter