[OT] Karaoke for those desperate moments

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 06:43:12 EDT 2009

EFL can get pretty deadly at times.  :)

I often find, that after 30 minutes of the Present Perfect a
spot of Karaoke helps everybody relax a bit (Ha, Ha, for the
second 30 minutes of grammar - of course).

This Open Source Karaoke player runs through Java
and seems capable of coping with almost all types
of karaoke file:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/plarpebu/

One of my nastier homework exercises is to give kids
a handout with lyrics, and, then, the following class
make them get up and sing Karaoke in class.

Now playing at my school:

"Puff the Magic Dragon"
"Morning has broken"
"Jake the Peg"

Mind you . . . it would be fun to try and get a Karaoke
player going in Runtime Revolution. The main problem would be
how to read .kar files an present them a videoClips.

I suppose another way round this would be to convert the .kar
files into .avi format (I wonder if that can be done) and then
embed them in a RR stack.