B.Cornaz at gmx.net
Mon Jun 22 04:25:37 CDT 2009
I encountered a strange behavior of the datagrid. Actually two times
a similar, but not identical kinda lockUp of a cell(s).
1. In the IDE, suddenly a cell of my Datagrid stayed 'open', meaning
the 3D layout, as when you select a cell for editing. It would not
close anymore. I can't remember if I could enter anything into it. I
was struggling with other stuff at bthe time, so I threw the datagrid
away and made a new one.
2. yesterday, in a Windows standalone, I had a similar, but slightly
different lockUp of cells. Moving from cell 4 of a line in the
Datagrid to the next cell (entering names), arriving at cell 5 the
strange behavior started. I could type into cell 5, but after leaving
cell 5, the entered name had disappeared. It was still available to
my script, so it was internally stored, but not visible anymore. The
same was true for all other cells after cell 5. Also for the other
lines, which I made after it had happened. Up till cell 4 it was ok,
cell 5 and up the same as with the first line.
A additional thing is, that the order of the data I call has changed.
The data from cell 1 to 4 are in the order of the datagrid, but the
data from cell 5 etc. are placed in front of the data from cell 1 to 4.
After restarting the standalone, this behavior persisted.
A slightly related question : after entering data into a cell, how do
I close the cell by script. I have scripted a click somewhere outside
the datagrid, but that is not very elegant.
More information about the use-livecode