[OT] PPC Macs, Developer Tools and NAP

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 05:07:20 EDT 2009

I use the 'Hardware' preference pane in CHUD 3.1 to turn
on NAP each time I boot up so my G4 doesn't "stew in its own juice".

Should you choose to install the latest Developer tools from Apple:

https://connect.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MemberSite.woa/wa/getSoftware?bundleID=20414

it will install a new 'Hardware' preference pane which will not recognise
a PPC processor, tell you your Bus speed is 0 MHz, and is generally 'wonky'.

Therefore you will need to reinstall an earlier incarnation of CHUD
(e.g. 3.1)
to get back the capabilities Apple Xcode 3 removes.