Standalone problems

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 06:00:57 EDT 2009

> 2. For Mac OS X using a custom icon works sometimes and not other times. I
> haven't been able to figure out why sometimes the custom icon appears and
> other times does not. I'm unclear as to whether the Windows build shares the
> problem. I use boot camp and don't always go though the reboot to check the
> Windows standalone and then reboot into Mac OS.

This is a very common problem and can be solved in many different ways.
- use Terminal to 'touch' the app
- zip & un-zip the app
- duplicate the app

Any of these seem to make Finder re-think it's idea of the icon and
display your custom icon correctly.

If none of these works, then maybe the icon file is not in the correct
format for OS X.

Cheers,
Sarah