Editing group mode

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jun 5 22:59:32 EDT 2009

Wondering if anyone has seen this in Rev 3.5. When I go into Edit Group
mode and select an object, the property inspector doesn't see it and
doesn't change to show its properties. Right-clicking an object doesn't
bring up a contextual menu. The object can't be edited. Returning to
normal mode, I can select and work with the same objects normally. The
problem is, I need to change their layering and I can't do that from
regular mode. (I didn't try changing relayergroupedcontrols yet, because
of what happened next.)

So I opened the stack in MetaCard, and its control brower doesn't work
with the objects in edit mode either. Clicking a line in the control
browser immediately selects a different line. From the message box,
asking for any control's layer always returns 9 (there are 24 objects,
some in a couple of sub-groups.) On card 2, when editing its single
group, all 9 objects there are reported as layer 8. Setting an object's
layer directly from the message box doesn't stick; the layer doesn't
change and the incorrect layer is still reported.

My favorite: with an object selected, in the message box:

  put the layer of control 1 --> 9

This happens on all three cards of the stack, in any group. Anyone seen
this? I'm thinking somehow my stack got hosed.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com