dead click functions

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Fri Jun 5 17:29:48 EDT 2009

One button, one field with text in it. I click the button and then click in
the field.

Button script:

on mouseUp
   set cursor to cross
   wait until the mouseClick
   put the clicktext
end mouseUp

In HC, one gets data from this and similar text/chunk
(clickText,clickChunk) functions, even in unlocked fields.

In Rev, one does not; empty is returned. The functions all work if the
handler is in the field script though. Something I am missing in the way targets
operate in Rev?

However, the clickLoc (and similar types like clickV and clickH) works from
the button. Why?

Did I ask about this before?

Craig Newman