[On-Rev] traversing file path in on-rev

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Wed Jun 3 18:59:08 EDT 2009

Devin Asay wrote:
> I want to be able to use common libraries for all subdomains in my
> domain. Right now all of my subdomains point to folders within my
> public html root directory.
>
> /
>     includes/
>         mylib.irev
>     mysubdomain/
>         index.irev
>     index.irev
>
> I want to access mylib.irev from mysubdomain/index.irev.  I would
> think I should be able to do
>
> include "../includes/mylib.irev"

That does work for me. (to be precise, using    include
"../subfolder/xxx.irev"
   (I didn't have a folder called 'includes', but had one imaginatively
called 'subfolder' :-)

(Sadly, I can't get the equivalent to work for an add-on domain at the
root level, but that's not too surprising).
> But that doesn't work, and produces an error message saying
>
>     FTP error: File "/mysubdomain/../includes/mylib.irev" not present
> on server. Cannot download.

Why would you get an FTP error ?    Are you sure this was while running
index.irev ?
Or is there some other part of your workflow that is doing ftp of these
files ?

Is the error message from the on-rev client debugger ?  If not - give it
a try and see what it says.

-- Alex.