Rev 4 beta status

viktoras d. viktoras at ekoinf.net
Sat Jul 11 17:57:42 EDT 2009

That's influence of Hollywood, movies...

Is the immortal Duncan McLoud from Scotland? So they must have a few
immortals there, lots of fights with swords and lightnings.
---
People sometimes state funny "facts" or ask questions about my part of
the world too.  Just a few - "Oh I know, Hannibal Lecter was
Lithuanian!",  "Do you have roads?.." Well, at least no one asked "if
cannibalism is so widespread in your country" - I guess they are afraid
to :-) . B.t.w we are not that far away on the edge of the world (check
wikipedia entry on Geographical Centre of Europe or the Guinness Book of
World Records on same subject), country is a member of the EU and NATO.

On the other hand if somebody asked me facts about Georgia, my first
thought is far from the USA, I would not be able to list all names of
the USA states or presidents, or even capitals of all Balkanian
countries that make part of the Europe without digging deeper into my
memory or asking google. Therefore I think this lack of knowledge is
quite normal. Although the funny (and still somehow unpleasant) part of
it is that "unknown" = "wild, uncivilized and dangerous place"
stereotype in some foreign minds.

Viktoras