question on ChartEngine

Yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Sun Jul 12 10:57:30 EDT 2009

Hi list

i've followed the fantastic webinar on chartEngine
Very interesting
I'm now playing with the Engine

I have two questions :

Here is my script which creates my chart :

on mouseUp
    local tChart
    chartsCreatechart "MyGraph"
    put the result into tChart
    put fld "Data1" into tdata
    set the charts["data"] of tChart to tdata
    set the charts["chartStyle"] of tChart to "lines"
    chartsRefresh tChart
end mouseUp

It works correct

Now I want two manipulations of the chart and don't find the way :

1) I'd like to add somme data to the existent data and update the chart

   put the charts["data"] of group "MyGraph"  into tdata
   put cr&"18,5" after tdata
    set the charts["data"] of group "MyGraph"  to tdata
    chartsRefresh group "MyGraph"

it doesn't work ...

2) I have a second btn to completely change the graph

    put fld "Data2" into tdata
    set the charts["data"] of group "MyGraph" to tdata
    chartsRefresh group "MyGraph"

it doesn't work ...

How can I proceed with those 2 scripts ???

Thanks

Greetings.

Yves COPPE
yvescoppe at skynet.be