Redirect strategies for coping with IE7

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jan 30 22:12:10 EST 2009

Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Just an FYI there are content filters that react to redirects as well.
> In this often cruel and unforgiving world it seems the use of
> redirects and proxies can wreak havoc with the things we use to
> protect ourselves. I am not sure what the solution is, but I can think
> of who to blame. ;-)

Good reminder, Bob.  Thanks.

I'm not necessarily set on using redirects. Really, any method by which
I can protect a directory from most users while granting access to some
would work for me, provided that whatever means I use can pass the login
into in the URL.  I'm even good with doing this in a CGI if only I could
figure out the trick to protecting the directory....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World