Redirect strategies for coping with IE7

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 22:36:21 EST 2009

Perhaps this would work, since you are passing the lgn/pswd in the clear..
why not send it as a GET param?

http://www.thisdomain.com/page.php?lg=login&pw=password

Block all requests that don't come from known IP addresses with your cgi.

Would a user cookie be out of bounds?

The user could stop at a public page containing a <form> that would submit a
POST with a security string

You could send them a file named  safeDirectory.html that would be stored on
their hard drive, then they bookmark it, and it contains a <form> that would
do the POST to your server using any browser.

Being inexperienced at this, I would be curious to see if any of the above
would be a good solution.  Certificates, etc are a mystery for me.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas