revOpenDatabase on Linux - works in IDE, broken in standalone - how do I fix?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Mon Jan 12 14:25:42 EST 2009

Ben Rubinstein wrote:
> Accessing PostgreSQL database on Linux.  Works in IDE; using standalone,
> throws error in revOpenDatabase. (219: Function: error in function
> handler).
>
> Works in both 2.9 and 3.0 in IDE; fails in standalone built from either.

Just for the record/benefit of a future stumbler over this thread, I found the
problem (my own stupidity, of course, but I mean in more detail...).

This is an app that I've been using and developing for over four years, and
hence over many versions of Rev (possibly starting in 1.0???) on Mac and
Windows, but am just now moving to Linux.

In the Standalone Application Settings, there is a checkbox for Database
Support; and there is also an item "Database" in the list of Script Libraries.
  It turns out that when building a database to Mac and Windows, if Database
Support is checked, there is no need to select "Database" in the script
libraries.  However, the same is not true for Linux...

- Ben