Why doesn't this work now? (Copy & paste of a card with a background)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Feb 9 15:58:31 EST 2009

Arthur Rann wrote:

> I've also noticed that while the docs say that 'Clone This Card' will set
> the current card to the new card, on the stack that has issues, this is
> definitely not the case. After a Clone This Card command is issued, the
> current card is the original card, and not the clone.
> On a virgin stack, the current card is the clone.
>
> What could be wrong?

Hard to say without actually debugging the stack. It could be a
lockmessages issue (either messages are locked and shouldn't be, or
they're unlocked and should be locked.) Or a frontscript or backscript
could be interfering. Or maybe there is a command later in the script
that returns to the originating card after the clone is made.

Your best bet is to walk through the script line by line in the
debugger. It should become apparent where it's going off track, because
you'll see when the stack goes back to the original card. You can type
into the message box during debugging, which can help. After the clone
is made, type "the number of this cd" into the message box and see what
it says. Maybe it really is the right card.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com