revlet interferes with Command T, Command N in Safari

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Dec 3 18:53:23 EST 2009

Thomas McGrath III wrote:
> This is not true. At least not for Quicktime movies.
>
> Go to:
> http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/tosavealife/tosavealife_trailer_theatrical_medium.htm
>

> pick a movie size and let it start playing. Then select Command T and it
> will work just fine. No need to click outside of the player/plugin etc.
> No need to click on the web page to 'change' focus. The commands will go
> to the browser.

Hm. I wonder if it has to do with the exact command key. Cmd-T isn't
used in QT (I don't think) so it apparently goes to the browser.
Spacebar is used by QT, and when I press that, the browser window
scrolls (browser response). I have to click inside the plugin to make
the movie stop/start with spacebar (plugin response.) So it seems like
something is going on with focus.

Does your revlet catch command keys and if so, does it pass those it
doesn't use? That's all I can think of. If that isn't what's going on
then yes, I'd guess it's worth a QCC report.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com