wake from sleep

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Tue Aug 11 14:46:20 EDT 2009

Tom,
I dont know about shell but I found a way to query whether the screensaver
is on or not. You would have to query the screensaver repeatedly with a
script though.
I found the basics on macscripter.net
to try it out:
--------------
delay 4 -- to let the screensaver start
tell application "System Events" to set v_proclist to name of every process
set myScreen to false
repeat with aProcess in v_proclist
	if (aProcess is in {"ScreenSaverEngine"}) then
		set myScreen to true
		say "yes, screen saver is on"
	end if
end repeat
if not myScreen then say "no screesaver is running"
-----------------

to make a script you query in a send in time fashion every second or so
-------------------
tell application "System Events" to set v_proclist to name of every process
set myScreen to false
repeat with aProcess in v_proclist
	if (aProcess is in {"ScreenSaverEngine"}) then
		set myScreen to true
		return myScreen
	end if
end repeat