lesson to learn CGIs

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 06:33:00 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 6:06 PM, -= JB =- <sundown at pacifier.com> wrote:

> As for uploading the engine file which I assume is the executable renamed
> to revolution
> I was simply transferring it using the webdisk like I would move files on
> my hard drive.
>
> What is the proper way to install it?

Again, I maybe off track here, but if you are doing this with on-rev I don't
think it is required. The reason for on-rev is to provide the environment to
you ready to go.

As far as I understand, only if you already had a site up an running on
another host and transferring it to on-rev would you need to use the
'classic' cgi engine etc. If you are starting from scratch, and this is all
new to you, which I get the impression it is because you say you 'are
learning from Jacques  lessons' then as you've already seen Andre's blog
example, and I believe you have downloaded his tg.zip file so as far as I
know all you need to do is amend these to your needs then transfer them to
your jb.on-rev.com domain and things should work. Hopefully Andre will step
in here but I don't think he installed the rev engine to get his site to
work.

Note, as far as using the webdisk is concerned I did notice on the on-rev
forums that someone mentioned some trouble with it, particularly if you were
transfering a folder full of files. Might need to check to see if it's OK to
just do one file at a time.

HTH