Update - Generating a phone call from Rev

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Mon Apr 13 06:34:55 EDT 2009

Hi Richard,

I realize that you gave up on Skype because of the wav issues.
Just for the record: on a Skype forum
http://forum.skype.com/lofiversion/index.php/t61634.html
http://forum.skype.com/lofiversion/index.php/t61634.html  I found :

quote
I figured out how to make them work. The files saved by skype have a 2 byte
null extra format string just before the data statement. I was able to open
a file that I created in Audition that didn't have this padding in a hex
editor and add it and the file played fine. Be sure to adjust fmt chunk size
up by 2 (16 + extra format bytes, so 18 <12 in hex>) as well as the file
sizes. See http://www.sonicspot.com/guide/wavefiles.html for details on the
WAV format.
end of quote

So if this is the problem and someone could find a way to add the changes to
the wav file then it could work. For someone familiar with manipulating
binary data it shouldnt be to hard to do. And Rev probably can do it easily.
Generating the text -> audio file and then audio-> wav file can be done
relatively easily as described elswhere in this thread. If the wav file
manipulation works then one could do a Skype version of your text to phone
call program.

regards
Bernd