download limits - Rev CGI?

Jim Sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Mon Sep 8 08:19:33 EDT 2008

I want to set a limit to the number of times a text file(s) can be
downloaded.

Example, say I have a group of 100 people eligible to download a file
(put url "http://www.somebody.com/hamburger.txt" ) with a Rev app.
I only want the first fifty to be able to get the file, anyone that
tries after that would be told "Sorry, snooze and you lose".

I might want to be able to set up many such limited situations
at the same time (different files available for different groups).

I've not done any Rev CGI 'stuff', is this the sort of thing that
could be done with Rev CGI?

sims