persistent objects in runrev (howto)

runrev at animabit.de runrev at animabit.de
Wed Oct 15 04:35:03 EDT 2008

Hello Andre,

Thanks Andre for your info: "Nothing new under the sun" (Qohelet)
I had to learn this method of storing objects as binaries by trial and discussion, because I did not read it in newsletters or sth similar. But I am glad to have realized it - late but I did ;-) As a result of our discussion in further versions of runrev I would expect a runrev function to export only the selected objects into a file and restore it, like existing moduls in perl,python,java do. And perhaps this could be done with protection immediately. Or does this exist and I did not realize it?

 sth similar like

export/save group "content" into URL "binfile:content.1.aniweb" using passkey mykey
import/restore group "content" from URL "binfile:content.1.aniweb" using passkey mykey

instead of

create tempstack
copy object xyz from stack "contentdesigner" to tempstack
save tempstack as ...
delete tempstack

open tempstack
copy object xyz from tempstack into currentstack
delete tempstack (for not running into memory problems with many open tempstacks).

Regards, Franz
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Franz Böhmisch

boehmisch at animabit.de