[ANN] Site Update - Tactile Media

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 13:22:40 EDT 2008

On 10/7/08 7:27 PM, "Scott Rossi" <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:

> Recently, Shao Sean <shaosean at wehostmacs.com> wrote:
> >While I agree with the posting that Mark made a few weeks back about not
>> spamming the list with non-Rev related postings,
>
> Nah, that's OK.  I get it -- she's right. :-)

Not exactly, Scott.  Your contributions and willingness to explore the
limits of Rev and share are some of the things that make this community
lively and worth-while.  Many who are accomplished and at the leading edge
will also have some commercial side.

If you were merely saying "come see my business", that to me is spamming.
In this case, you have been a strong contributor for years and so much of
what you have done is a professional level tutorial, available as a free
download, and you will answer any questions on the list.

I have not only learned from your free collection of stacks, I have set the
bar far higher for my output to my clients.  When I incorporate the graphic
ideas you demonstrate (like Get In Line, Ball Clock, WindowLab, Weather),
everyone is quite impressed and sees my software as more professional.  I
feel so good about making a Rev product look polished and professional and
modern.  By following your lead, I am a better programmer.

Your examples have are quite welcome and like all of us, we would host them
on some part of our existing web sites.  Of course, not everything you do is
free and directly related to Rev, but your download section is inspirational
and priceless.

If you kept your work a secret it would be a loss to the Rev community.
So if you are not going to post here, put me on your announcement email
list.  The same goes for Eric, Chipp, Ken, Jacque, Devin, Andre, Alex,
Wilhelm, Mark, and so many others.  I want to be connected to what is
happening with our community members, and it seems that this use-list is the
only efficient way of making that happen.

Thanks!

Perhaps   [ANN-OT]   would be an acceptable compromise.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas