Option Menu

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 20:15:14 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 4:09 AM, Charles Szasz <cszasz at mac.com> wrote:

> I have tried including the option label in the option text too but did not
> know if that would cause any problems later on.
>
> That is OK and will work fine.

Actually you can develop some very neat tricks with this. Say you have an
option menu that is labeled 'Part No'. The text of the option menu is filled
with a database query and contains 100s of lines of text with the very first
line being 'Part No'. In the button script, if the menuPick is 'Part No' I
call up an ask dialog where the user can input a number. If the number is a
match to a Part No, then all the info is displayed - much much faster than
scrolling down 763 lines!! If the entered Part No is not a match a
confirmation answer dialog is presented to confirm a new Part No is being
added or to re-enter a correct Part No.

HTH.