Using Rev CGI for Giant POST action

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Jul 7 00:27:37 EDT 2008

Aloha Swami,

the way YouTube does it is by using flash as a middle player for the
upload. You can have a flash uploader thing that will handle the file
uploads. The Yahoo! User Interface javascript library (aka YUI) has a
flash file uploaded utility available and ready to use. I think this
is your best bet for large file uploades.

I don't know how these flash uploaders save the file. I know that
using plain old Revolution CGI, you'll need a mime decoder and you'll
not be able to track the upload while it is going.

Andre