Delete lines in files (text files)

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Jan 17 18:28:15 EST 2008

Randall-

> But isnt 10 a bit draconian?

Yep - it's draconian and it's arbitrary. And every time I get riled up about
it I calm down and figure out a way to do what I want without having to
break the limits. Sometimes by realizing that my app really can be better
placed as a plugin stack, in which case the script limits don't apply;
sometimes by coming up with an alternate plan that doesn't involve changing
stack scripts after all - self-modifying code does get a bit gnarly to
debug.

...and if you *really* need to modify more than ten lines of scripts you can
state your case to the runrev team and apply for a waiver of the limits. In
theory, anyway - I've never run into anyone who actually needed to do this.

--
 Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net