Does the Player object support AVI and WMV on Windows?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jan 9 10:14:48 EST 2008

Recently, Ian Wood wrote:

> The Player object is a QuickTime player, so setting dontUseQT to false
> isn't going to do a lot...

This isn't the case, unless the Rev guys changed things recently.  In fact,
the docs say:

"Use the dontUseQT property to test operation of a stack using the built-in
MCI video on Windows systems..."

The lack of QT functions on a system allows the player use the available
multimedia facilities of the machine -- ie WMP, in the case of Windows -- to
play media.  The available controls are much more limited, but playback is
certainly there -- I've delivered CD titles based on this functionality.
I'm just not sure if this was ever fully documented in terms of the range of
available functions/features.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director