Re-2: OT:converting csv to xls with Rev

xavier.bury at clearstream.com xavier.bury at clearstream.com
Wed Jan 9 09:10:17 EST 2008

You can also search this list for various rants and solutions previously
discussed about csv formats.

anyway this should help or get you started

cheers
---------------------=---------------------
Xavier Bury
Clearstream Services
TNS NT LAN Server

use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com wrote on 09/01/2008 15:02:27:

> Hi Xavier,
>
> thanks for your answer.
>
> You are right, Excel can import csv files directly.
>
> But the normal user would double-click on a csv, as the csv-file has
> an xls-icon under windows systems with excel installed. But this can
> cause problems, especially with our csv. Our csv-file is structured
> like this: 01299;Text1;Text2;25;Text3
> As you can see, the first column contains numeric data, some  with a
> leading 0. Opening this file in excel would cut the leading 0 in the
> first row. And that would cause problems.
>
>  Importing it using the "import-menu" in excel is allways successfull.
> But that means more work for the user. The user wants just to open the
file.

> That´s why i asked for converting it with Rev/VBS.
>
> Btw: There are various specifications and implementations for the
> csv format. There´s no real standard. See http://tools.ietf.
> org/html/rfc4180#section-1
>

> Regards,
>
> Matthias

Clearstream Services S.A.
42 Avenue JF Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg
Société anonyme is organised with limited liability
in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg R.C.S. Luxembourg B 60911.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents
of this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in
this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream
International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

Legally required information for business correspondence/
Gesetzliche Pflichtangaben fuer Geschaeftskorrespondenz:
http://deutsche-boerse.com/letterhead

END OF DISCLAIMER