Flash or Quicktime?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Feb 15 16:41:52 EST 2008

Colin Holgate wrote:

> I think you're going to make life harder for yourselves in terms of
> producing the WMVs, and you're willing to give up all Mac users with
> systems prior to 10.3.9, just to save a few people a bit of
> installing time.

By my math we're looking at the difference between the number of people
running Windows vs. the number of Mac users running OS X versions prior
to 10.3.9.

Do we have stats on how many OS X users haven't upgraded their systems
since April 15, 2005, when 10.3.9 was first available?

And to refine that stat more relevantly for us app vendors, how many of
those customers who won't update their OS for three years (missing a lot
of critical bug and security fixes along the way) buy software at all?

10.3.8 was 14 releases ago.  That's a lot of enhancements to pass by....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal