Flash or Quicktime?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Feb 15 19:22:08 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Colin Holgate <coiin at rcn.com> wrote:

>  That would be H264, which is where we started the conversation.

Which still doesn't answer the Flash vs QT vs WMV issue. Not to
mention one needs a serious processor indeed to be able to run H264.
For someone concerned about enabling a Mac user 14 revs off the OS,
you may have successfully shot yourself in the foot here. I mean if
they're still using a non-updated version of Panther, then what sort
of hardware would they be using, and what makes you think they will
keep QT updated when they don't update their OS?

Oh yeah...Because it's free? Well then, so it the 10.3.9 update as
well, which will run WMVs. Let's see, with the Mac marketshare around
5%, and assuming the old non-updated Panther users are 2% of
that...what're we talking about? 37 users? ;-)