Show Globals

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Wed Dec 10 09:34:46 EST 2008

Hi from Paris,

Fred,

Even before Rev 3.0 came out to efficiently hide
the global variables, I had wanted to see such
information easily. Now that Rev 3.0 is here,
I'm glad I did it. I use the following subterfuge :

I build my stacks using one of many existing models.
All of my models contain a hidden button.
This button shows and hides the following buttons :
SHOWVAR, SHOWFIELD, SHOWBUTTON, SHOWGROUP, SHOWGRAPH

With these buttons, and using a (hidden) scroll field,
I can display or hide the names of all declared globals,
fields, buttons, etc.

When building these lists, I strip out $variables, and
any other names I wish, check field and button names,
ensure no duplicate names (I can be a little forgetful).

Like Jim, I use a strict naming system, at a glance,
you can see what you want.

Very useful information when you are building and
testing your stacks. When the stack goes live, hide
everthing you don't want to see. It will be available
in the future if you update the stack.

However, I don't know how to show globals assigned
ONLY to the current stack. Does anybody know ?

If you want the scripts, catch me off-list ......

-Francis

"Nothing should ever be done for the first time !"