Help menu issues (Mac)

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Tue Aug 19 06:41:31 EDT 2008

Folks, I'm just beginning serious RR work after a long gap, and I've
started by looking at stuff I did earlier. I'm now using RR 2.9.0 for
most of my work.

I've returned to an app I created as a standalone I think with RR2.8.1
(it was a long time ago) and I'm running it on a Mac with Leopard
10.5.4. Everything works as expected, except that when I pick the Help
menu on the main menu bar, the name 'Help' hilites when clicked, as
expected, but then it stays hilited even after the menu action is
completed: completion consisting of closing a window with instructions
which had opened when the menu item was chosen. The hilitie only
vanishes when I click on another menu. None of the other menus suffers
from this problem. Can anyone explain this?

Also by Mac convention (presumably), the Help menu now contains a
search field as well as the 'Help' item which I programmed. Can I do
anything to suppress this? I think it will just confuse my users
(schoolchildren) as the search can lead into general Mac help files
which would seem irrelevant to them.

TIA

Graham