Rev on a Linux/Windows based HP 2133 Mini-Note? (was Smallest PC that can run Revolution?)

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Wed Apr 23 06:11:57 EDT 2008

Hiya,

Insofar as I know the Nokia Tablets have a TI processor: It's an ARM
core with a DSP as a second core.
There's no Rev for ARM.

I've been keeping an eye on this HP 2133 Mini-Note, looks to be
released soon (heard between April and June):

http://h40059.www4.hp.com/hp2133/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_2133_Mini-Note_PC

http://www.laptopmag.com/review/laptops/hp-2133-mini-note.aspx

http://www.supergps.co.uk/hp-compaq-2133-mininote-pc-vista-basic-
os-2gb-ram-120gb-hdd-p-3374.html?gad=CMDIu8kDEgg-s_Nh2Zr1URiY3OT-
AyCY9p4z&

http://www.supergps.co.uk/hp-compaq-2133-mininote-pc-linux-os-1gb-
ram-120gb-hdd-p-3278.html?gad=CMDIu8kDEgg-s_Nh2Zr1URiY3OT-AyCY9p4z&

Vid here: http://www.rm.com/LEA/Products/Product.asp?cref=PD1164671

The Via C7 CPU is x86 compatible (I don't know whether this will be
replaced with the more advanced Intel Atom which just came out at the
beginning of April).

The RAM is upgradeable and 1 Gbit ethernet. Integrated stereo mic?!
The display won me over (1024x768) as well as the processor plus the
choice of either SATA SSD and SATA HD (I'd use the SSD for travel,
backup to HD).

I've heard Asus may be shipping a new version of the EEEPC with a
higher definition display with touch-screen plus more RAM. Will wait
and see...

Cheers,

Luis.