problem with drag-dropping a text string

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Apr 9 01:49:45 EDT 2008

Mark Schonewille wrote:
> Hi Jacque,
>
> I tried this. As long as you don't pass the message, it isn't too late.
> Perhaps this is new in 2.9.
>
> I didn't try to actually set the dragData again, though. I believe it is
> easier to store the dragdata in a variable and use the variable from there.

That's what I meant by "too late". When dragdrop fires, the drag action
has already completed and you can't take advantage of the drop after
that; all you can do is directly manipulate the text.

I am sure I used to be able to set the dragdata in other drag events but
now in 2.9 I can't seem to make it work any more. So your way may be the
only way now. The problem with placing the text in a field from within
the script is that you lose the automatic drop placement in the field;
you have to calculate it. Dragdrop can do that for you.

I'll play with it some more. We used to be able to set the dragdata but
things have changed now in 2.9.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com