Rev 2.8.1 NOT Leopard ready!

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 17:39:00 EDT 2007

> As a long-time Mac Fan I am beginning to wonder if Mac
> have not done
> "A Vista" with Leopard . . .
>
> That is to say: a lot more processor-hungry eye-candy
> at the price of all sorts of applications needing
> pricey upgrades, plus merry blue-green screens.

Actually, Leopard has some great features. Spaces alone will make my
Rev work much easier. I also get the feeling that it is faster than
Tiger.

If you check the thread about Leopard from a few days ago, you will
see that as well as the metal issue which I reported and add to the
QA, Ken identified a few other interface issues. My apps have all
worked perfectly, even one that uses metal, although without actually
looking metal.

Of interest to developers might be that Apple seems to have largely
abandoned the use of drawers. iCal now uses a sort of floating speech
bubble type palette to give info about an event.

Cheers,
Sarah