The Documentation

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at ensmp.fr
Fri Oct 26 00:42:19 EDT 2007

Le 26 oct. 07, à 05:55, Richard Gaskin a écrit :

> The majority of Rev's 4000+ pages of documentation

huh? pages? do you mean paper pages? Or do you mean the online doc? (I
do not mention the pdf which is not finished).

OK, I have just spent the night looking at DocsLib by BvG, and i'm
tired.

To make things simple, a VERY nice (and IMHO, simple)  improvement on
the rev online doc would by the ability to send a "doc" command with
syntax
"doc string"
where string may be anything
and which would have the same effect as typing the string in the search
field of the online doc (nothing more, nothing less than the doc
window).

This would make it easier to produce introductory stacks with links to
the official documentation.

Should not be that difficult from the developers' point of view.

Very best,
	Francois

>  was authored by the DeVoto mentioned above, using a style guideline
> very similar to the one she used for "HyperTalk 2.2: The Book".
>
> As for a third-party opportunities, get Apple to bundle Rev for free
> with every Mac and I think we'd see plenty of new books about it. ;)

Francois Chaplais
35 rue Saint-Honore
77305 Fontainebleau Cedex
France