Revolution => Flash

Andres Martinez andres at bakno.com
Sat Oct 20 10:03:04 EDT 2007

Hello Mark

The process can be automated but it would take too much effort. Let
me enumerate the steps I took to simplify it...

1- Register and download the "File Format Specification" form Adobe
(when I did, I agreed not to share it, sorry)
2- Take a look at the document to understand the "Tags" conformation.
3- Use Flash app to generate a simple animation that has the same
look (background and characters) as your Rev Stack
4- Experiment, experiment and experiment exporting the .SWF movie
from Director and looking at the byte level file (I used HexEdit for
this).
5- Code your Stack to generate the sequence of positions of all your
animated characters
6- Transform those positions to the right byte level format that
flash understands, and paste them into the file exported from Flash app.

If you want to see the functionality in action, you can download our
game MacPool and press Ctrl-S (Save) when playing a 9-Ball game.
This is a sample animation exported from the game...   http://
www.bakno.com/MacPool/animation.html

Regards,
Andres Martinez