revBrowser and spaces in URLs

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at ensmp.fr
Fri Oct 12 17:41:19 EDT 2007

Le 10 oct. 07, à 14:39, Henk van der Velden a écrit :

> Hi Eric,
>
> I've tried that already, but without succes.
> Urlencode turns "pdtex 1-2.jpg" into "pdtex+1-2.jpg". However this
> doesn't display the file and it doesn't produce an error message
> either.

same thing for me (macOS 10.3.9):  the output of URLEncode is unusable.
The strangest thing is that it converts slash caracters into %3A
for instance I get
file%3A%2F%2F%2FVolumes%2FSilverTouch+500+Go%2FUsers%2Fchaplais%2FDocume
nts%2FEssais%2FEssai_XeTeX%2FXeTeX-notes.pdf
Is there a way to report this kind of bug?

> In the mean time I've tested this on Win XP and there all works fine.
>
>>> I try to load some files in revBrowser that have spaces in their
>>> names ("pdtex 1-2.jpg"). revBrowser won't display these files. I
>>> don't get an error message either. This happens both with local
>>> files (file://) and files from a webserver (http://). Is there a
>>> workaround for this problem?
>>> I have tested the same URL's in Safari, and they are handled OK.
>>>
>>> This happens on Mac OS X 10.4.10, Safari 3.0.3. I haven't tested on
>>> Win yet.
>>
>> Just urlEncode the url first and it should work: see urlEncode/
>> urlDecode entries in the docs.
>>

> Kind regards,
>
> Henk
> Henk v.d. Velden