Having two Rev exes talking to each other...

Thierry 00bioarchimed at free.fr
Thu Oct 11 14:04:21 EDT 2007

Le 11 oct. 07 à 19:55, Derek Bump a écrit :

> Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) is available for Revolution via the
> unsupported Externals Collection.  I have to say though, I've tried it
> and it's kinda buggy (or I could never really get it to work right).

Well, i did manage few years ago to make a product with the
External collection and specifically DDE.  As far as i can remember,
it had
very severe constraints, but from 2002, it works daily in somes
laboratories of genetics like a charm..... the DDE was the only way
to talk
with a very specific biological robot... So, at that time, i had no
choices.

But, with Revolution in the 2 sides,
I will go with the sockets too, without blinking an eye :-)

> I have to say though that sockets are the way to go.

Yep :-)

HTH,

Regards,
Thierry