Connect to MS SQL Server via ODBC on Mac OSX

Robert Eppich RobertEppich at epsi.bc.ca
Mon Oct 1 17:06:32 EDT 2007

Hello All,

I have downloaded and installed the Actual Technologies ODBC drivers
and configured them with ODBC Administrator application under Mas OS
X 10.4.10.

I have also verified that Revolution on Windows XP will open and
close the SQL Server using ODBC.

When setting up the Mac in ODBC Administrator for the Actual
Technologies drivers, I'm asked "Which SQL Server do you want to
connect to? (The server is typically referred to by its IP address)".
The information on the Windows XP is "DA08". I have used DA08 instead
of the IP address for the SQL Server, but when trying to use
RevOpenDatabase() the error message "Data Source Name not found." is
what is returned.

No one could tell me IP address of the SQL Server, is this the
information I need? Why can't Mac OS X use "DA08" instead of the IP?

Is the IP address the simple answer?

(Just trying to connect Rev on Mac to MS SQL Server via ODBC. If you
have experience I'd love to hear from you)

Thanks
Robert Eppich