All this talk about DataBases

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Wed May 30 19:48:46 EDT 2007

From: "Andre Garzia" <soapdog at mac.com>

> I'd go for SQLite or Valentina.
>
> trying to make sense out of 1 million records, you need a good query
> language, one that is able to do more than one "operation" with a  single
> query. Just imagine looping your indexes over and over again  trying to
> find the cross-references you're looking for. Using a  "real" database in
> this case will save you time and effort.

Yup.  I'm absolutely sure of this and agree.  Solving it as a Win/Mac/Linux
solution will be a little more work or a little more expensive.  :-)

Scott Kane
CD Too - Voice Overs Artist  & Original Game and Royalty Free Multi-Media
Music
"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a
little way past them into the impossible."
Arthur C Clarke