best way to define clickable areas with irregular shapes ?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri May 25 16:11:56 EDT 2007

Recently, Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

> To my knowledge graphic objects were able to detect the mouse inside
> their filled area - instead of their rects - long before 2.7.

Detecting the mouse, yes, always.  But within an irregular polygon shape,
the mouse would be detected using the entire rect of the graphic, regardless
of any concave or convex regions.  I (and Eric Chatonet I assume) spent many
years working around this limitation by using images with transparent
regions.  But this is now irrelevant as graphics detect the mouse using only
the area they occupy as expected.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director