Another "This should be easy but ... How do you edit a line?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu May 17 13:47:44 EDT 2007

Len Morgan wrote:
> Sometimes it seems the simplest things are the hardest!!  I'm trying to
> draw a line on a card (which will be printed later) it's going to look
> like a spreadsheet when I'm done but I can't use the (useless) table
> fields from Rev.
>
> My problem is that I can't get the lines straight (hor. or vert) and I
> can't figure out how to edit them in the property inspector (I'm using
> Galaxy by the way).  Every time I change one number (like upper left),
> all the other numbers adjust when I really want them to stay the way
> they were.  When I try and move the line, it changes the angle rather
> than the position.  Is there a way to draw (and move) simple vertical or
> horizontal lines?

Long-standing problem, but there are workarounds. To draw a straight
line, hold down the shift key while dragging. To re-adjust the line with
the mouse, select the line and choose "Reshape graphic" from the Object
menu.

Or, in the property inspector, change the bottom location to the same
number as the top location plus the height of the line (assuming a
horizontal line; adjust the left/right for a vertical line.)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com