[OFF] Input/Info Requested

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Fri Mar 16 16:32:45 EDT 2007

> [various comments about the wealth of resources available for Rev newbies]

I do appreciate there's a lot of good stuff out there. As a not-so-newbie I
still find it bewildering where to look, and the landscape is constantly
changing. It seems even a mere directory of these is a daunting challenge.

It's my opinion that we (you can consider that "we" the company, or the
community, or both) need to develop a ore complete library of self-contained
"starter" kits for various tasks that Revolution is well-suited for. A kit
being: narrative; code snippets; sample stacks, etc.

That library should be at runrev.com, and actively maintained. They should
all

- share the same look-and-feel in stacks
- use consistent style-sheets/templates for documentation
- meet standards of professionalism
- be dead-simple for the newcomer (no weird xTalk tricks or fancy-shmancy
footwork)

I think a good example currently is the XML stack. Anyone who's tried to
understand the revXML library is familiar with it. Many of the newsletter
articles we've seen over the past few months are candidates. I'm curious
about what some other kits might consist of. Email client? Media organizer?

What does the community think the topics should be? And is there anyone
interested in writing them?