Linux-specific technical problems

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Thu Mar 15 12:23:25 EDT 2007

In case my previous post does not get through the moderator on account
of its length, here is the first part of it again with a link to the PS
file in question:

Don Jungk wrote:

>  Hi Bob,
> > OK, your PS file does have accented characters in it. It appears
> they are just > in the wrong place. This code that I will paste in
> here is something I use > when I have to re-encode a Macintosh font to
> work on my Linux computer. This > should be put after all of the
> original encoding because it is going to > change it.
Jacqueline Landman Gay wrote:
<snip>

Wow. That's just...wow. The level of expertise on this list never ceases
to amaze me.

And if that's your reaction, imagine mine! It's the first time I've even
seen a Postscript file.
OK Don, thanks very much. I'll sit down calmly and see if I can manage
to implement your suggestion, and when inevitably I have problems I'll
get back to you. Tell you what, I'll include the whole PS file that does
NOT work below. I did think of uploading it to my site, but in the end I
decided that perhaps other users could more easily benefit from your
explanations with the file in front of them. Perhaps some users will
complain about the length of it, so I apologise in advance.

Jacque:

Thanks for your further suggested experiments. I'll come back with the
answers, but it might take a little time because I have quite a lot of
non-programming work to do over the next few days.

THE FOLLOWING POSTSCRIPT FILE DOES NOT DISPLAY CORRECTLY USING THE
EVINCE UTILITY IN UBUNTU: