Linux-specific technical problems

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Thu Mar 15 11:47:51 EDT 2007

Mark Wieder wrote:

Bob- Wednesday, March 14, 2007, 7:02:10 AM, you wrote:

>  So if "mount" isn't a valid command, somebody had better tell smbclient!
> > Possibly, smbclient -? for the available options is out of date.
>
>Well, smbclient on my Ubuntu installation happily ignores "mount" as
well. Or "scrabble". Or any other non-option directive. Were you
trying to perform an smbmount at the same time as your smbclient call?

Don't overestimate my intelligence!
I just wanted to display the contents of the drive, and I thought that I would have to mount it in some way before that could be done, that's all. Turns out I was wrong.

Thanks.

Bob