OT: Windows net traffic

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Mar 8 00:14:29 EST 2007

Dave Cragg wrote:

> For free, and with enough screenfuls of changing data to make sci-fi
> movies and get some respect from the kids, try typing "sudo tcpdump" in
> a Terminal window. Type Control-c to stop.
>
> Then try "man tcpdump" to see how you might take charge of this. :-)

Wow, it's all in there, isn't it? I was overwhelmed with output. Then I
read the man page and figured out how to limit the output to only stuff
going in and out of my desktop machine. That's pretty cool, in spite of
how your eyes can glaze over after reading 831 entries.

I bet it would be possible to build a Rev interface and have a
customized monitor window. ;) Thinkety thinkety...

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com